C5s in "Stock 1" class

To: "autox- ba Email list" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: C5s in "Stock 1" class
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:51:58 -0800
Please excuse any duplication of this message in your mail box. I've, also,
sent the following message to the national list.

To all,

Just got home from the GREAT!!! SD Tour.

The Z06s lived up to their advance billing, they are awesome, particularly
in the hands of the many talented drivers who ran at SD.

Last year, as a comment on the proposed stock class re-structuring, I sent a
note to the SEB suggesting that both the Corvette ZR1s (since moved to Stock
2) and the non-Z06 C5s be moved to Stock 2.

This weekend's event re-enforced my opinion on the viability of non-Z06 C5s
being competitive in "Stock 1".

I'm afraid if all C5s are classed in Stock 1, we'll see a large number of,
potential, non-Z06, C5, competitors, decline to compete.

As the owner of a C4, I don't have a "stake" in a C5 but, would enjoy the
continued participation of all C5s in stock classes and Stock 2 is a good
place for non-Z06 C5s to be competitive.

I think, for those of you who have an opinion, either way, on this subject,
the SEB would appreciate "hearing" your thoughts.

        Don McKenna, #112 '96 Corvette GS