Re: Fw: S.D. Tour (LA traffic)

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: S.D. Tour (LA traffic)
From: Toy4speed@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 01:57:21 EST
In a message dated 3/15/01 5:52:41 PM Pacific Standard Time,
boriselp@altavista.net writes:

<< Check out this site: http://traffic.tann.net/

 Great real-time traffic reports with average speeds, accidents etc. No more
 guessing when you can have the facts.

 BTW 405 southbound is pretty open in the morning and it gets really heavy in
 the afternoon.

 Boris. >>

Hi All:

Just wanted to share my driving route with those of you who haven't left for
san diego yet.  I tried the Ken Mitchell recommended route of  I5 to SR58 at
Bakersfield, going east through the tehachapies meeting US395 going south.
This meets up with I.S.  15 south which goes into San Diego.  This route adds
probably about 60 miles vs the straight shot down I.S. 5 but avoids LA
traffic.  Took me 9 & 1/2 hrs from fremont, total distance 520 miles.  I
think coming home I'll try I.S. 5 all the way up since sunday traffic should
be better.  Would  be interested in how long it took others to come down
through LA.

Don Lew