Tabacco memories

To: Anthony Tabacco <atabacco@california.com>
Subject: Tabacco memories
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:29:32 -0800
Anthony Tabacco wrote:

> Once again, we need to ask Dr. Peabody to set the way-back machine to 1973.
> Wheezer engines so choked on re-breathers with timing so retarded their
> carburetor equipped hearts stalled on the showroom floor, fun park bumpers,
> bias ply tires and suspensions good enough to almost beat a modern
> mini-van on a 200 foot skid pad, the ability to go almost 80 or even 100K
> miles before the trip to the crusher..

Tony,
Did you perhaps breathe a little too much carbon
monoxide driving British and Italian sports cars in
the sixties? My 1971 BMW 1600 needed only a
radiator hose, a wiper relay, one replacement set of
wheel bearings, and three sets of radials in 140K miles
before I traded it in 1979.

And you remembered those assemble-them-yourself
points so well!

Rich Urschel