FS: Koni DA's

To: Bay Area Team dot Net <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: FS: Koni DA's
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com> (by way of Rex Tener
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 04:16:10 -0800
I have a set of Koni Double Adjustables for an E36 M3 for sale.  My M3 has
been retired from the national autox scene and it is time for my Koni DA's
to go to a good home.

These were custom built by ProParts West in May of 2000 and have
approximately 10K street miles and 15 autocrosses on them.  After a series
of tests last summer, I had ProParts West revalve the fronts to soften the
compression setting at the low end of the adjustment range.  The front
struts are hydraulic (no gas) and lower the front of the car approximately
a 1/4" over stock.  The rears are low pressure gas and their is no ride
height change.

I run them on the street with zero clicks compression and two clicks
rebound (1/2 turn counter clockwise) and the ride is almost as soft as a
stock M3.  My fiance' thinks they are softer than her stock M3, but I think
it is about the same.  For autox I run it with 10 clicks compression front
and 5 clicks compression rear with 6 clicks rebound (1-1/2 turns counter
clockwise) and the car is amazing.  It was the fastest M3 in A-Stock at
last years SCCA Solo II National Championships.

The shocks are in excellent condition except for some minor cosmetic issues
with the left rear shock that does not affect performance.  The left rear
lower shock bolt fell out on the way home from nationals which caused the
shock to hit the ground and it broke the shock shaft at the top rear shock
mount.  ProParts West replaced the shock shaft and rebuilt the shock with
all new seals, fluid, and gas and gave it a clean bill of health.  The
bottom shock eyelet is a little oval and the integral bushing retainer is
gone, but I will include the washer that I have used as a substitute.

These shocks new are approximately $2400.  I want $1500 for them and
preference will be given to those that have bought from me before, SF Bay
Area buyers, and time of response, in that order.  Cash or PayPal only.

I can take some digital photos of them tonight if anyone wants them.

--
Rex Tener
rex_tener@yahoo.com