Fire School and Personal thanks

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Fire School and Personal thanks
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 23:16:36 EST
About 25 Solo 2 competitors went to SFR's Fire School and learned all kinds
of info on how to approach cars that have, as one instructor put it "Entered
your corner but refuse to leave" how to deal with the drivers, how to (and
importantly when NOT to) put out fires, what each race specialty does, etc.
Some of us signed up for our "best seats in the house" for either NASCAR
Winston West or the Mollie Stone Wine Country Classic in May.

Thanks go out to SF Region (especially R.J. Gordy and Les Berry) for hosting
the school and providing food and refreshments.

Thanks to Sherry Grantz and Jerry Mouton for making sure that we all knew
about it, and thanks to everyone who signed up to work one of these events.
I know the roadracers appreciate our involvement, and I also know we'll all
have a great time.

My personal thanks to Sherry, Jerry, James Mouton, Craig Haggert, Kevin Lahey
and Kirk Meline for pushing the wounded Firebird in from the street after we
got back from school so I can work on it, and especially to our chauffeur
Kirk "Leadfoot" Meline for getting us there and back in style.

Charlie Davis