Re: Autocross school?

To: Vernon Head <vhead@fuelrtm.com>
Subject: Re: Autocross school?
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:13:42 -0800
> One widely held opinion is that you should try at least 2 or 3 events
before taking a school.

there has also been an instructor program at the regular events.  many
people dont feel comfortable just going and driving the first time by
themselves.  in most sports the first step is lessons and people naturally
carry this expectation over to motorsports.  ive also been told they dont
want to look stupid (slow) in front of our whole gang of tire shredders.
significant others are often not the best instructors for the partner, so
this is another way to get started.

also, you can ask pretty much anybody to ride with you and instruct
casually.  styles vary from katie's "be the car" to my "scream really loud
so they hear you".

-james c