Thanks

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks
From: dcolicch@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:23:10 -0500
   As a few of you in the Bay Area auto-x community knew I was competing in the
Jim Russell Racing School Runoffs, for a chance at a free season of racing, I
wanted to let you all know that I placed 4th. After three days of competion 74
drivers were cut down to 26 for the finals on Sunday.  Sunday moring consited
of two sessions from which the field would be further cut to ten, well eleven
due to a mistake!  After not being called in the ten finalist, I demanded a
recount! The found out that yes I should have been in the top ten, they had
lost on of my timesheets after one of the cars I drove in the morning broke,
necesitating a new car.  Then the top eleven competed in two more sessions,
being judged on speed, line, consitancy, and whether or not you were pushing
"your" limits. They decided to award a fourth place, one free race weekend +
two test days, after spending over an hour deciding who would get third place.
I plan to compete in the entire season in Formula Russell, !
!
capturing rookie of the year and finishing top 5 in the points.  If it would
not have been for many people in the ba auto-x community I would not be in this
great position.  So here are just a few of my thanks, there are many more
unnamed.

Sherry  for starting the rookie program.
Vic for many runs in his Z-car, and coaching.
Andy  for pointing out on many occassions how to go faster.
Mike Lella for letting me co-drive his super fast Ralt.
Scott Frasier for the numorous runs in his gti.
Vernon & Pete for getting me hooked on buying a shifter kart.
Brianne for keeping my ego in check.

Thanks,
-Tony Colicchio

ps-yes I will come out and auto-x a few times next year.