Re: Instruction: How to do tech

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, Darren Madams <darren@madams.com>
Subject: Re: Instruction: How to do tech
From: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:35:00 -0700
> OK, I know I'll get a lot of other things to check, but this should be good
> enough for most regional events.  I don't have a copy of the back of a time
> card handy, but you can also use that as a checklist.  I'll just tell you
> the order that I do things.  Feel free to add/change/whatever as you see fit.
>
> I feel like I may have missed something... hmmm...

You forgot ...

NUMBERS!

There is a rule in the rulebook (sorry, don't have it handy to quote it
chapter and verse) that specifies that numbers must be of a particular
size (>8" tall?), of a uniform color, and a color that contrasts the
color of the car.  We don't usually require class letters at regional
events, but they sure would be nice, and the rulebook simply says that,
sizewise, they should be smaller than the numbers.

If anyone wants to see a real net rathole, check the national list
archives after any of the last 4 or so Nationals -- always a huge
discussion about how someone's numbers looked cool up close but could
not be read at 100 feet.  Reflective, or patterned numbers don't work.
Numbers wrapped around a curved surface don't work.  White on silver,
yellow on white, etc, these don't work ...

Josh