SFR's pre-nationals party tomorrow

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: SFR's pre-nationals party tomorrow
From: "Navid Kahangi" <nkahangi@interwoven.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:55:00 -0700
OK people, our Malibu Grand Prix pre-nationals party is on tomorrow night.
Here is the plan:

We have 30 people signed up for the party.  You can arrive there starting at
7:00.  You can get directions at http://www.malibugrandprix.com/redwood/.
Charlie is going to be there by 7:00 to share his nationals experience.
There are many other nationals veterans on the list.  So, get ready to soak
up the wisdom.

If you are racing, be there no later than 7:30.  We'll get the logistics
taken care of and be ready to race at 8:00 sharp.  We'll have 6 cars and
with 30 people, we are going to limit it to 5 laps each.  First 6 people
will get an extra lap to warm up the tires.  I'm going to have numbers to
draw out of the hat to pick the cars.  We need to do the changeovers quickly
to make the best of our one hour.

At the end of our one hour, the best time in each car (honor system here,
having a witness helps your cause) can choose to shoot it out in the "best
car" (3 laps each, your own expense).  I know this is not very scientific,
but that's the only way I can manage this with 30 people and only one hour.
Deal with it!

You are on your own for food and beverages.  There is a food counter there,
or you can eat before you come.

Oh yeah, if you are racing, you owe me $25.  If all 30 show up, I'll refund
the difference.  Or better yet, I'll refund the difference after paying for
the 18 laps required for the challenge round.

--Navid