Communications at GGF

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Communications at GGF
From: "Rob Weinstock" <weinstro@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:48:22 GMT
I fiddled with the low power FM transmitter last time. I had this thing
working the time previous at GGF, but it wasn't being used, and other
operability issues were cited. There are a number of connections that must
be made correctly and devices turned on before it works. Range was perhaps
80% of the way across the parking lot (not the course!), then.

I was unable to attend the autox at GGF this weekend, unfortunately. I infer
from the latest thread regarding communications at GGF that this is still an
issue. Did the Talkabouts not work as planned?

Do we want to take another crack at this? Range could be increased by using
a directional antenna, for example.

Before we adopt the new parking suggestion, which is good, BTW, be advised
that in my opinion, you will likely be out of range while parked in the lot.
Of course, this depends on where the RV is located.

Regards,

Rob Weinstock

http://profiles.msn.com.