Re: 2000 Winter Slush Series

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2000 Winter Slush Series
From: Jeremy Bergsman <jeremybb@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:27:17 -0700
At the risk of having my level of work questioned, I have a couple of ideas
for GGF events:

Some of the problems:

-Working as starter yesterday I can agree that it was tricky getting the
overlap under 30s due to the course design.
-The grid layout was a bit confusing.
-Fools driving too fast on the side.

What if we parked on the bay side of the barrier and saved the whole inside
(except for the heavy equipment road) for grids and the course?  We could
space out the course (not lengthen it) and have easier-to-manage grids.
This would also remove the area in which people can drive fast.  I'm not
sure if we actually have enough parking area to do this.

I'm not sure if the following detail makes sense, but since we are now
members only maybe registration could be set up near the bottom o fth the
hill and you would have to flash your card to get in.  Another version would
be if the GGF guard wanted to check ID/make you sign the waver like we did
at marina the last time.  This might be sold to them as a way to avoid
scammers using our name to get out of paying for parking.

In summary I feel that these are ideas that don't require additional work
(except for someone at the reg table to check ID after it would
traditionally close) that might make things go easier.
--
Jeremy Bergsman
jeremybb@stanford.edu