SFR MALIBU GP PARTY! THURS 8/31! SEE BELOW!

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: SFR MALIBU GP PARTY! THURS 8/31! SEE BELOW!
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:53:42 EDT
I'm re-posting this with a different subject line to get a little more
interest going.

Navid has arranged the party as outlined below.  Originally, this was to be
for Nationals 1st timers and some veterans to help give them the info they
need to have the best Nationals experience possible.  The actual driving part
and "Beat Malibu Mike" part have become a larger part of the party, but
Navid's idea of some of us playing while others talk about Nationals is good,
too.

I'm going to try to be there at 7:00 for anyone that wants to "talk
Nationals" before the driving starts.

CHD
  Ok folks, here's the deal.  I reserved Malibu Grand Prix for 8:00 Thursday
 night, 8/31.  I could not get an earlier time, but I figured this works best
 with everyone's schedule anyway.  We have the track for one full hour with 6
 cars at our disposal.  We need to be there by 7:30 to take care of logistics
 and be ready to roll at 8:00 sharp.  We'll have 6 people at a time on track,
 so the rest of us can soak up the nationals wisdom from the veterans while
 we wait our turns, as well as before and after our 1 hour slot.

 The track rental is $650 and at the last count we had 17 people signed up.
 That comes out to about $40 a person.  If more people sign up, it'll be
 cheaper.  C'mon guys, it's worth the price of admission to see Malibu Mike
 and Josh settle this Malibu thing once and for all.  Sorry Charlie, I
 couldn't help myself!

 Yeah I know, it comes out to be more expensive per lap than if you would by
 tickets, but then you would have to fight the crowd and not be able to even
 warm up the tires.