Re: report from Europe - Smart Cars

To: atabacco@california.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: report from Europe - Smart Cars
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 14:27:58 EDT
In a message dated 8/9/00 10:13:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
atabacco@california.com writes:

<<  Most impressive though, was the Smart. check out their site; This is a
perfectly
 adapted urban "designed object". Wish I could import one. >>

I saw six "Smart" cars in Sunnyvale on Monday of this week, three coupes and
three convertibles. A company was doing driving impressions at a consumer
testing service. They were driving around with guest drivers and asking them
lots of questions. I wandered in and got a good look at all of the cars,
before being shooed away. I didn't have the guts to hop into one and ask for
a ride! I should have though! - Maybe they are thinking of importing them. -
Seth Emerson