Panoz category?

To: Autocross List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Panoz category?
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrc01@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:55:52 -0700
Recently I asked what autox category my Panoz roadster will be
in. A couple of people recommended sending a message to Howard
Duncan. I sent a couple of messages, but have yet to receive any
answer. So now I have to guess. Here's what I've heard so far:

It "should" be in ASP.
It "is" in SS (because it's unclassified).
It "is not" in SS (because production numbers are too low).
It "might be" in EM or in OSP.

The car is stock (I held off replacing the differential), but the
dealer removed the A/C system. It has street tires.

I'm planning to show up on August 13th, 26th, or 27th. When I
show up can I just register it OSP? The car is lighter and
quicker than the SS cars, but I have no idea whether it will be
competitive, and even if it is I don't go to enough events to
actually win anything, I just want to learn how it drives at the
limits and have some fun.

--
Michael R. Clements
mrc01*nospam*@flash.net