Re: Helmet Painting

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Helmet Painting
From: Toy4speed@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 23:45:49 EDT
Hey Charlie:

10-12 helmets ?  That's terrible.  I've personally donated 2 helmets over the
past year
and it really is disturbing to think people would steal them.  I guess with a
used value of at least $40 or $50 some people will take the chance.  I seem
to recall the garbage cans storing the helmets are left outside for self
service.  Maybe we should hang them inside the RV somewhere and place the
drivers licenses on the dashboard, or clothes pin them where the helmets
could be stored (like a hat check).  I could volunteer to be Chief of helmets
( Helmet Head sounds odd).
I haven't seen any rules prohibiting painting the outside of the helmets.  A
bright orange (kinda like Chok's car) should make them as unlikely to be
stolen as rental bowling shoes.

Don Lew
DSP #179 Supra