Re: Black ESP BMW, no,no,no

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Black ESP BMW, no,no,no
From: "Grantz, Sherry" <Sherry.Grantz@Aspect.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:11:59 -0700
A Public Apology

I would like to personally apologize to Barry Spencer and Jesus Villarreal
who were the entire timing and scoring crew during my run group on Sunday.
They were forced to work in these grueling conditions, suffering extreme
stress and mental anguish, and I caused them further duress by neglecting to
put my L on Jim Ochi's bitchin' black ESP BMW.

(An aside: Let me mention here that Jim Ochi is completely innocent in this
instance, as I do not believe he has ever needed an L for his car, so there
was no neglect in his part in not providing the said letter. I do believe he
was expecting me to run in ESP (no L) to help with the points situation, and
I appear to have let him down by not doing so.)

To  continue with the gist - If you can believe it, under these extreme
conditions, Barry the Younger sacrificied himself to come out to grid and
personally place a masking tape L on both sides of the aforementioned BMW to
save me from the disgrace of being disqualified for this hideous oversight
on my part.

I much later discovered that in the rigors of struggling with the masking
tape in the heat, noise, and hurry between runs, Barry the Younger somehow
slipped and lodged a long strip of tape on the posterior of my person. It
was only then that I realized the true hardship and sacrifice Barry had
faced down to legalize my timed efforts.

Once again, my sincerest and most humble apologies to Jesus and in
particular, Barry Spencer.

Sherry L Grantz