5-20 course.

To: "autox- ba Email list" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: 5-20 course.
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 18:59:05 -0700
To all:

Kieth and Nanda (and any advisors who helped) deserve thanks for yesterday's
SCCA event at 3-Com.

First, credit for the course being smartly laid out, to avoid the worst of
the "wicked"  features that lot can produce, is in order.  The most
interesting and fun part for me was the very unusual slalom (with walls
included) which, I don't think I've ever seen before. Great fun to "screw
up" the brave in order to take that section as fast as you could without
over-shooting the right/ left at the exit.

Second, it was clear that a lot of advance thought was put into the event by
these guys. They may be relatively "new" to our group, but they sure don't
lack for effort, enthusiasm and follow-through.

Third, For "new" guys, they got the grid right (two grids), the finish right
(no spins or time-slip "terror") and were out-and-about all day to make sure
things were going smooth.

Fourth, There's been a bit of low-key grumbling about how difficult it is to
get new folks "up-to-speed", in regard to the proper way to accomplish
various work assignments. I saw some good work from a couple of guys working
grid. Don't know your names but, the two main guys running grid for both the
2nd and 3rd groups, where our car ran, did a very professional and
consistant job. Thanks guys.

        Thanks again, Don