DeAnza tech Was:: Rules for Tech Inspection

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: DeAnza tech Was:: Rules for Tech Inspection
From: "Darren P. Madams" <darren@madams.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 09:53:48 -0700
At 10:10 PM 5/11/00, Jim Ochi wrote:
>But, if you want to talk about tough tech inspections, go through the tech
>line at Duel at DeAnza!  Those tech guys are truly dedicated - the most
>thorough tech I've ever been through.

Yeah, but they (all of them) also don't know what an F440 is.  And they are
unaware of the fact that it runs in FMod, which is in fact a legal SCCA
class.  And the fact that the 2 pipes sticking out the back of it were in
fact "mufflers" as required by their rule book.  And the fact that they
don't know what their sound limit is other than "our cars are ok and yours
isn't"... their school car (that took dozens of runs was easily 3 or 4 db
louder than mine.  They also don't know the rule on windows, making me put
the drivers side window up right before I was about to launch.  You have no
idea how hard it is to drive a stock engined civic when you can't hear the
motor.  Not to mention the fear of the window crashing in on you.

But that's just a personal gripe.  :)  It's still a great event.  Anyone
want to lend me their car this year?  :)  Something narrow please! :)

         --Darren

p.s. Ask Catherine how thorough their tech is!  All you have to do is crack
your windshield a little bit and they let you drive a Boxster!!! :)