Re: The SC AutoX article

To: autox- ba Email list <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The SC AutoX article
From: Jeremy Bergsman <jeremybb@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 14:00:30 -0700
Donald R McKenna wrote:

> >From my experience, and in my opinion, parts of the article were correct and
> parts were not.

This is the answer I was looking for.  It seems as if at the least this article
was not well written.

> Now for my "sales pitch":
>
> Its far more difficult to tell someone how to do a thing right than to show
> them how to do it right. Thats the idea behind the "hands-on" school
> experience. Its also more difficult to communicate in the  written form than
> with "in-person" verbal exchanges.

Point taken (and previously understood).  However IMO a rank newbie such as
me can still get good information in written form if it is correct and well
explained.  More to the point a newbie also needs to know if written
information he/she receives is wrong in order to reject it.

Thanks to all who have replied to my question.  I'm impressed with both the
rapidity and number of responses.
--
Jeremy Bergsman
jeremybb@stanford.edu