Re: San Diego Tour and course lining

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: San Diego Tour and course lining
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 17:22:24 -0700
I was at the Dallas Fort Worth Tour, too, and the course was mostly
lined outside.  But at least one cone was lined "neither" -- that is,
the cone was directly on the line.

I didn't notice the lines at all when driving.  Doesn't matter to me which
side they are on, but they should be there -- they sure do help sometimes.

If only SFR could have a site like the Texas Motor Speedway!  This place
looks like the monomaniacal dream of a James Bond villain.  It's a monster
place!  200,000 seats for NASCAR, and they were filled the precious weekend.
Talk about huge!  Rises above the bare Texas plain like a mirage.  The signs
of big money are everywhere.

It was my first Tour, and I had fun.  The event was well run, and the
barbecue was
good.  Even the hamburgers in the lunch booth were good -- I guess they know
their beef in Texas.  Weather was everything -- cold, hot, foggy, sloppy,
drizzly, windy, clear.  No snow, but we were all worried about the forecast
of
baseball size hail Saturday night.

Jerry

Jerry Mouton        mailto:jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps