Kumho tires (was Re: New BFG tire?)

To: Enno Wein <enno@lsil.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Kumho tires (was Re: New BFG tire?)
From: Scot Zediker <mx5_1991@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 08:52:36 -0700 (PDT)
Can't tell you about Hoosiers, but Kumhos have fairly
stiff sidewalls.  They actually feel quite
street-tire-like, but they have much higher limits.
Don't go too high on tire pressure, though.  I once
ran 40 psi in mine (205/55-14's on a '91 Miata) and
they felt very, very skittish.  Cutting back to 36 psi
solved the problem.

And they do work well at high slip angles.  I had no
trouble driving out of slides at the SD Tour this
weekend ;)

--- Enno Wein <enno@lsil.com> wrote:
> What's the difference anyways between the G-Force
> and Kumho's
> and Hoosiers - different people have posted how they
> love one or the
> other - but given no details why.
> I have a set of G-Force on my RX-7 and feel that
> they're extremely
> stiff and cause very direct steering feel - I can
> only compare to
> street tires though.
> What about Kumho, Hoosier?

=====
Scot Zediker
mx5_1991@yahoo.com
San Jose, CA

"If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving."