Re: Street Mod in SFR

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: Street Mod in SFR
From: Jesus Villarreal <jesvilla@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 11:35:12 -0800
Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

> I've been following the Street Mod thread on team.net, and I think we should
> discuss including it in SFR.  The rules are considerably more restrictive
> than OSP, (which is really D/Mod on DOT tires) and I think some people will
> run in the class that might not run in SFR at all if we don't offer it.
>
> CHD

They can currently run in Street Tire/OSP, if they came to an event, I
am going to do exactly that for AAS, they should be competitive if they
are driven well. It may blossom into a pretty good class as far as
numbers go, but I think the rules are too restrictive(street tires-140
tread wear, 4 seaters) and they'll be too far behind the stock cars on r
tires. Their egos will get bruised and most won't come back. Imagine a
mid 13 second 1/4 mile car that gets beat by an H/S car.

Jesus