Rotary vs 4 cycle V8

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Rotary vs 4 cycle V8
From: Jesus Villarreal <jesvilla@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:25:40 -0800
Some thoughts that are going through my mind on this very good debate.
OK, as I have one of each, a rotary and a few V8's, I have to tell you
that driving the Vette is very exciting, even if only in the pit area,
when I drive the Lotus, it seems as though it just accelerates and there
isn't any feeling there, both are normally aspirated. However, when I
drive Spencers turbo'ed rotary powered Europa, the feeling of getting
your back stuck in the seat becomes pretty intense, but there is still
no exciting noise coming from the exhaust, it's more of a whoooooshing
so you end up getting to the turn before your brain realizes it, so it's
just a matter of adjusting your braking points without the noise of a
high revving V8. Every car is exciting to drive at the limit, some are
just a little different to the senses.

Jesus