SFR Awards Banquet

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: SFR Awards Banquet
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:48:41 EST
First, thanks to those of you who spoke kind words regarding my emceeing the
Solo 2 portion of the Banquet/Party.

If you missed it, you missed a great party.  Plan on joining us next year.
You won't be disappointed.  R.J., Sal, Jim Keane, Sherry and I have all
conferred as to improvements, and I think we can make the awards presentation
slide show better if I do MY job better in the first place.  With a little
more time to devote to "our" portion, we can give out some door prizes and
maybe come up with a little humor...

I announced 5 "Solo 2 Region Chief's Awards" at the banquet, and 2 of the
recipients were on hand to receive theirs.

John Kelly, who brought us a really great schedule which gave us a very
profitable year, and Jim Williams, who comes out to our events and shoots the
pictures that you see in The Wheel, become our trophy pictures, and made up
the bulk of the slide show pictures, but who doesn't even autocross, both
received theirs.

Rich Urschel, the man behind our event coverage in The Wheel, Jerry Mouton,
our excellent Webmaster,  and Chris Cox, who towed that big ol' trailer all
over Northern CA to events, will be awarded theirs at a later date (maybe
Sunday?)

Thanks to all of you, and to the others who make this program work.

Charlie Davis