Pylon penalties

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Pylon penalties
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 20:11:16 -0400
This is from a report on the Indy 500.

>>31 year old Townsend Bell, from San Francisco, California, finished in
the 22nd >>position. His Rock & Republic car suffered suspension problems
late in the race after >>he made contact with a cone trying to avoid
contact with Sam Hornish Jr.
>>      Both drivers were ordered back to the pit lane as penalties for
leaving with equipment >>attached during pit stops.
>>      "I couldn't believe that we bent our suspension on a rubber cone at
60 miles per >>hour," Bell said. "It was my mistake and such a stupid way
to end."

        Observation: Young Mr. Bell leads a sheltered life.--John Kelly