Re: event speed?

To: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchelltx@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: event speed?
From: philip ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 20:52:59 -0600
> If an SS (or ASP, there's really not that much speed
> differential these days) car is clocked at 83 mph, it is
> clear that the intentional "wiggle room" in the above rule
> has been completely used up (and then some) and that the
> event is not legal. Per a post on SCCAforums, there was also
> an issue with cornering speeds exceeding the 45 mph limit
> that is in the same paragraph as the quote above.
>

>> Was
>> this thread started about SCCA insurance and lot
>>
> protection?
>
> It's about a course that is in clear violation of the Solo2
> rules. Regardless of the outcome of the appeal that I
> understand has been filed, hopefully the message gets across
> clearly: design courses that comply with the rules.

Yes.

Site availability is the number-one problem for autocross clubs and
SCCA Regions in many areas of this country.  Every time an event
calling itself an "autocross" or a "Solo" allows these higher speeds,
it makes it more difficult to obtain and retain sites.

I strongly suggest that a "Big Event" not be considered a free pass
to ignore the rules upon which safety, as well as the classing
system, is based upon.
1962 TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata
C package
pethier@isd.net
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier