Re: Fiero upgrade, and autocross?

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fiero upgrade, and autocross?
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:55:47 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Jay Mitchell wrote:
> >This is the same governing body that completely eliminated UD/BD
> in STS >because of a single car...the 88-91 Honda Civic.
>
> NO. Hell no. U/B in ST was eliminated because lots of competitors
> in the class whined about it after it had been in place for three
> years, and because the STAC recommended the change.

Bullsh*t.

I saw a _lot_ of the public discussions on this.  For every one person who
used a non-"FrankenCivic" example there were 20 who did.

UD/BD got removed from ST* because an old civic could weigh 30 lbs lighter
when built using UD/BD than an old civic could weigh without the
allowance.

In the process, lots of normal modifications (final drive changes,
junkyard motor swaps, using a chassis brace from another iteration of
the model, etc. etc.) got thrown away with the bathwater.

If you like where we ended up... Great!  But let's not have any illusions
about how we got there.

Mark