Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals

To: "Rick Cone" <rickcone@bellsouth.net>, "Steven J Miller"
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 18:12:32 -0600
The helmet I use every event.
The tires I use every event
Even the shocks (I don' need no steenkin' Penskes) I use every event.

That damn book just sits there and takes up space I could use for spares on
the off chance someone might protest me someday (I could wish to worry my
competitors enough to get protested).

(My book isn't so big, but at least you can read it.  What about books that
are four feet long or in a media that needs a special machine to read it?)

Costs have become unreasonable for those that are available, updates become
impossible, availability is iffy depending on what you drive.

Yes, Rick, the option is a better answer. Having documentation should be
encouraged, but to DQ someone for failure to have it has become an untenable
solution. I'll have my book with me if only because it is the easier way
(since I've had it for decades, and I even actually use it to work on the
car.) But I'd hate to buy my car new today and then have to find one at a
reasonable cost.

--Rocky