RE: track and prepared

To: "'Mark Sirota'" <mark@sirota.org>,
Subject: RE: track and prepared
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:27:17 -0600
<<
I'm willing to believe that the manual is truly unneeded in Prepared, if
you can convince me (and the rest of the SEB).  The thought was that the
manual is needed  to interpret how some of the Section 17 allowances
apply to your car.  But if that's really not true for Prepared, let us
know.

The problem is that most of the cars in Prepared, at least FP & CP,
don't have VIN numbers anymore. So if the competitor bought the car
either already as a race car, or as an empty shell from a junkyard they
have no way to know what year the car is.

Additionally the manualls aren't available for many of the older cars.
I'm lucky a manual for a '72 911 is available for $1300 bucks, but the
914/6's in FP and many of the cars that are three decades old can't get
them. Where for instance are you going to find a factory manual for a
'70 corvette that runs in AP?