Re: Motorsport Mile (was Re: Portage Grand Prix?)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Motorsport Mile (was Re: Portage Grand Prix?)
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:00:59 -0600
Not wrong, Greg, and your description is accurate, but let's emphasize --
the referenced event in Nebraska was NOT an SCCA event. It was the Rocky
Mountain Region of the Council of Motorsports Clubs (which apparently no
longer exists. Try entering their website URL now and you get a porn site)

That was the Motorsport Mile in Hastings in 2002. (I ran in it and helped
work the accident).

The successor events, however, *are* SCCA events, run by Nebraska Region in
2003 and scheduled in 2004, according to SCCA rules -- and on an airport
apron, not the city's downtown streets.

The accident was a sad end to what was really a fun event. Its success,
despite the accident, can be seen in the town's desire to continue it in
some way and Nebraska Region's being able to take it over and do so.

--Rocky Entriken