Re: [evolution-disc.] Small air compressors for home garage air

To: <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Small air compressors for home garage air
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:44:23 -0600
----- Original Message -----
> Are little compressors like this:
>
> http://www.maxtool.com/cgi-bin/dbsearch.exe?

> http://pepboys.crossmediaservices.com/pepboys/
=======================================
Ha ha, now that's funny.  And I thought I was che, er, frugal.  The air
bubble that I take to events with me is an 11 gallon tank.  I wonder how
long those compressors would take to fill it up?  ;^)

IMO, at a minimum you would want to save your pennies for something along
these lines as I am.
http://tinyurl.com/w79w
http://tinyurl.com/w7a8

Single stage, 110v and up to 150psi.  Wait for them to go on sale at Sears
and they go for around $230 each but I can't remember if that's with or
without the tool kit.  The two-stage compressers with up to 175psi are what
a true Tim Allen kind of car guy really wants.  Ar ar ar ar ar, more power.

Impact guns and air ratchets don't really use a lot of air, but air drills,
die grinders and any other such rotary air device will drain even those
large 30 gallon tanks in a couple minutes and that little 4.5 gallon tank
won't last long at all.  Compessors are sort of like welders.  Sure, the
little ones will work for you most of the time.  But that one time you
really need your tool to have some oomph, you'll wish you spent a little
extra when purchasing it.

Eric Linnhoff
#69 STS
B.U.D. Racing