Re: Wheels failing, was: VR-6 Wheel Fit

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wheels failing, was: VR-6 Wheel Fit
From: "Abe Potter" <vwpsycho@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 20:35:25 -0800
Hey Matt,

I missed the place in the story where the failures were mentioned. Failures?

Clear-coated aluminum wheels that are driven in salty places look like hell
after a few years. What's new? I hope that whiny guy in the story doesn't
open his hood and look at all the corroded aluminum and magnesium in there!

I'll admit that I'm kind of biased about Volkswagen's products, but I don't
think this is a Volkswagen issue. For instance, the clear-coated wheels on
my wife's Grand Cherokee look not-so-good after it's former life in the Salt
Lake City area. That's life where the weather sucks. So we moved.

BTW, we haven't gotten one wheel corrosion complaint at the largest VW
dealer in North America, Santa Monica.  And we're right by the beach!

Abe (The weather was nice here today, like every day. )