Re: The best concrete

To: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Subject: Re: The best concrete
From: Alan Dahl <alandahl@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:19:01 -0700
On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 02:45  PM, Mark Sirota wrote:
> Plattsburgh for a Tour or Pro?  I think the turnout would be small, no
> matter how good the site.  It's miles away from anywhere except
> Montreal!
>
> It's 4.5 hours from the closest major population center, Boston.
> It's five hours from New York City, seven from Philadelphia, nine from
> DC.
> If you want to go further west, it's more than ten hours from Detroit.

5 hours is nothing! You east coast guys are wimps :-). We'd go ape to
have a nice concrete site located less than 5 hours away. Heck we used
to put on a local Northwest Region event each year in Walla Walla, 5
hours from Seattle and it wasn't even concrete. Let's take at the
distances (each way, double for a round trip) us northwest folks have
to drive to get to the nearest Pros and NTs:

Seattle -> Bremerton NT - 65 miles
Seattle -> Wendover Pro - 805 miles
Seattle -> Atwater NT/Pro - 895 miles
Seattle -> Fontana Pro - 1190 miles