Re: shocks

To: <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: shocks
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:13:14 -0500
It always strikes me there is another inherent flaw in claiming rules.

You have to be willing to piss someone off.

And if you are, you become fair game for everyone else.

If you are unwilling to incur the enmity of the owner of the 'spensive
shocks the rule goes unused. And since a lot of the drivers in grid are
friends with one another, that reluctance may be very real. An unused
claiming rule fails in its purpose and may as well not exist.

If there is a solution, perhaps it is found in the precedent set some while
back by the tire exclusion list. Certain shocks excluded by name/model in
the rulebook as "not in keeping with the concept of the Stock [or whatever]
category."

--Rocky