PCA

Subject: PCA
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 20:07:31 -0700
Todd, Randy, Matt, et al;

While I appreciate the great info on PCA events in your areas (San Diego,
Los Angeles, New York, Northern New Jersey, etc), I don't think that it
answers the question. The question was:

Can a non-PCA member run a non-Porsche at a PCA Zone 7 autocross?

While it is interesting to know that PCA clubs in other areas may allow such
things, or that PCA allows PCA members to run non-Porsches, it doesn't
answer the question.

Just for reference and possible clarification, here is the answer to "Who
may run?" from the Autocross FAQ
from the Golden Gate Region, PCA (http://www.pca-ggr.org/)

"Anyone with a Porsche. You do not have to be a member. If you would like to
become a member, applications are available at the event, or there is more
information here <join.html>. GGR members can use their other car, with
prior arrangements and permission of the event chair."

At this point, I think we are all just beating this issue to death.

Probably the only sure rule is:

"If you are not a PCA member and don't drive a Porsche, don't assume that
you can enter a PCA event.  Check first."

Of course, this kind of rule applies to any single marque club, whether its
Porsches, MGs, BMWs, Corvettes, Vipers, Triumphs, etc.

Hugh