RE: FW: UD/BD Explained (was Fastrack)

To: "Erik Van-der-Mey" <autox@webcentrix.net>,
Subject: RE: FW: UD/BD Explained (was Fastrack)
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:17:29 -0700
....Lots of countries send athletes to the Olympics to compete. Only
three go home with medals, but everyone can say that they
participated....

I was thinking more in terms of the Olympic Trials that most larger
countries hold in order to ensure that the team they send has the best
folks.  For instance, every "Super G" skier does not get to be on the US
team.

...You suggestions on limiting entry to the Championship border on "you
suck so don't bother entering..." How is that not elitist???...

Actually elitist would be "you don't drive my brand of car so don't bother
entering" (no wait, that's the Porsche Club).  Actually I was referring to
folks who don't run a Solo event all year, enter the Divisional and finish
last in class.  By the current rules, they are eligible to enter the
Nationals.  To me, something seems a bit off with that. No, I don't have any
stats on how often/if that happens, but it just seems wrong to me that one
could do that.