RE: [evolution-disc.] Please comment on the August Fastrack

To: "Dave Hardy" <dave2020@mindspring.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] Please comment on the August Fastrack
From: "Andy Hollis" <awhollis@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:10:52 -0500
> From: Dave Hardy [mailto:dave2020@mindspring.com]

> Why screw people who choose a car that they thought was the hot
> ticket, and
> then proceeded to prove it so?  If they did the homework, they SHOULD win.

No one is trying to screw anyone.  If that was the desired intent, there are
much easier ways to screw lots more people.

The attempt of the proposal is to level the playing field so that a large
variety of cars is competitive.  Look to the core values on pg 3 of the
rulebook.  But said core values also drive us towards rules stability.  So
we have to make hard choices.  That's why the ud/bd change will either
happen now, or happen never.  And it has implications on the whole category
since the SEB sees ST as a strong potential growth area.  Look to Prepared
for an example of how hard it is to maintain good rules when each class has
its own vagueries.  So, we are at an inflection point in the ST category
development.  Remember, STS only recently became a national class.

> Reclassing a car because it wins is a crappy way to conduct things.

Huh?  We do this all the time when cars seem out of line with the rest of
the class.  In fact, there's a couple of re-classing proposals in the recent
FastTrack.  Why should ST be sacred?

--Andy