Re: Slick Classes Run Later

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Slick Classes Run Later
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Org>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 18:01:13 -0700
> In San Diego at the Stadium we have a contract that says we will not run
> over 87 or 89db before 11:00am and not over 93db later in the day.  That
is
> the reason that most Mod and Prepared cars run in the afternoon.

At this year's NT, CPL ran in Heat 1, APL, BPL, EPL,F125L,CML,DML and FML
ran in Heat 2 (which would also start before 11 AM on Saturday, and I'd
guess end before 11 AM on Sunday).

Are the Ladies quieter, or Open Prepared and Mod classes are getting
preferential treatment, or is there some other reason?

Also, was this the first year this contract clause came in force (because FM
ran in Heat 1 last year)