Theoretical ideal Miata alignment.

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Theoretical ideal Miata alignment.
From: "j watson" <jeffwatson@email.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 05:57:59 +0800
I get the toe thing... caster is pretty straight forward (for my purposes)...
but I'm in a debate with a buddy...

Is it better to have more-ive camber in the front of the car (a miata) than the
rear... or vice versa?

I understand that there will be a handling balance difference, but which would
yield better performance?

Has anyone had experience running more -ive up front than the rear?  What did
you find?
Most people (conventionally) run about 0.3 - 0.5 degrees more -ive camber in
the rear...

My buddy says the opposite would be a better setup...

What are your opinions... and do you think it is TOTALLY driving style
dependant???

Thanks.