RE: [evolution-disc.] Re: Complete ProSolo points....

To: "Charles" <golden1@britsys.net>, <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] Re: Complete ProSolo points....
From: "Andy Hollis" <awhollis@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:20:17 -0500

It makes perfect sense if you consider that the logistics of memberships and
licenses is handled by SCCA's central licensing department.  That includes
all of the various road racing specialties, as well.

> But then that brings us back to the question of what is the PUPOSE of the
> license?...

Well, it used to be that you had to have the license to run Pro Solo,
period.  Kind of a commitment thing.  It got you the Pro Solo rulebook
(which was separate then), it got you the required stickers (Valvoline, Pro
Solo, etc.), and it got you hardcopy results mailed to you for all events
whether you were there or not.  So it helped defray the cost of those items.
But it also generated seed money for the program for the year.  That program
had to be fiscally responsible in and of itself.

Later, you were allowed to run one event without a license.  Which was a
good thing to get people who weren't going to travel to at least run the Pro
Solo that came close to their area.  It did help with attendance.  Now,
people whine about why they have to pay a license fee at all. I guess I fail
to see the issue.  Take away the license and something else will go up in
price (probabaly the entry fee).  This is a not-for-profit club.  Its not a
business.

--Andy