Re: Registration Stuff

To: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Org>, <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Registration Stuff
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 11:15:25 -0500
Wait a moment.  Jeff, you say below that you posted something on the list
that prompted a number of people to register right away, and then you make a
projection based on that temporarily increased registration rate.  I don't
get it, why are you doing that?  It almost seems that you are creating and
throwing stuff as scare tactics.  Should we be reading something between the
lines here?  Maybe I'm reading too much into this, and I apologize if I
offend, but is there some motive here that I'm missing?  If there is, kindly
let us in on it, if not please accept my sincere apologies...maybe you just
like working with numbers and statictics.

Do you think the "projections" helped to sell out the Finale at a faster
rate than it might normally have?  I know it prompted me to sign up immediately.

Additionally, I'm wondering if the URL you guessed at and found for Nats
registering is perhaps not on the any links because they do not *want* it to
be available yet?  If so, is it O.K. to be registering like that?  Just
wondering.

> On a hunch, I tried this URL and found this. Since some people might not have
> gotten into the Finale, maybe an early shot at reserving their number might
> help make up for it:
> BTW, I mentioned this URL to some friends, and a day later 29 people
> registered. At that rate, Nationals will be sold out by June 20th, though I
> haven't looked at the demand side of the equation yet to see if Nationals will
> have a similar problem as the Finale does. OTOH, 4 National Tours have sold
> out this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if a 5th one does too.

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer
Wausau, WI