Harbor Freight welders

To: "Autox" <Autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Harbor Freight welders
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 02:08:23 -0500
I know I'm going to regret this question as I already know the "proper"
answer, but....

If one were to purchase one of Harbor Freight's 110v MIG welders, does
anyone know what company actually makes them so one could acquire
replacement parts when needed?  Specifically their Chicago Electric Welding
Systems and Hobart branded welders.  They are of course less than
forthcoming about the origins of the welders.

I know, I know.  I should just plunk down the $700 for a good Miller or
Lincoln 175 model, but I simply don't (yet) need that much power or really
have that much money to invest in one.

Or, has anyone upgraded to a "real" welder and want to sell off their
"starter" 110v welder to me?

As usual, thanks in advance.

Eric Linnhoff
www.geocities.com/eric10mm/KnuckleDragger
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a
relief denied even to prayer."
Mark Twain