Re: oral agreements

To: "James Rogerson" <jrogerson@Houston.rr.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: oral agreements
From: "Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 17:02:21 -0800
If you're talking about Pennzoil v. Texaco then......
......in Texas the determination of the validity of an Oral Contract depends
upon factors such as whether a good old boy is accusing a New Yorker of the
Breach and whether said New Yorkers hire white shoe'd NYC lawyers to argue
the case in front of good ol' boy jurors.

This particular case is a little personal to our family.  And there was
never anything in this case which constituted civil liability unless you're
were a bunch of arrogant New Yorkers who lacked any understanding at all of
Texas justice.

Hard to breach an oral contract when there wasn't any, so not sure what you
can really draw from the example except that often state court outcomes
depend on emotion and prejudice.

Steve Ekstrand
Cal Club