Re:Re: Recaps

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Re: Recaps
From: dkyeung@juno.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:56:05 GMT
---------- "Scott M. Stone" <sstone@foo3.com> writes:

I remember back in the mid-90s when i had a set of Yoko A008RSIIs... no
longer made anymore either, i think.

--------------------------

Ha! try going further back. before RSII there was RS, R-TU and before that
plain R. how bout the A001-R? and that's just back to the 1980s.

But back to recaps, I don't believe there is a safety issue with running
recaps. In my mind, SCCA's ban on recaps is really about the control of tread
compounds and equal availability to all competitors. Cheater recaps have been
around for a long time in all forms of motorsports.
It's too bad we can't use them since we've seen some really good tire carcass
designs come and go. But when we use up the good rubber off the tire, we have
to throw them out.

Dave Yeung
Houston Region