RE: Driviing from Washington to Pennsylvania

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Driviing from Washington to Pennsylvania
From: "William P. \(Pat\) Mitchell" <wpm@h2olab.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:03:02 -0600
I just ran I 70 from central Missouri to Denver and back last weekend. Road
is ok in condition no major construction projects. I 70 through downtown KC
is twisty and has some ruff spots. Not a good place to break down late at
night. Colorado has a 75 limit but is enforced. Kansas has a 70 limit but
lightly enforced west of Topeka. (110 on cruise with Mom sleeping in the
back seat!).

Last January I ran 80 to Cheyenne, 25 to I90 west to Bozeman then south to
Salt Lake City then 70 east to central Missouri. I 90 can go from snow
packed to dry to ground blizzard in January and change every 30 miles. I 70
through western Utah (fast) and Colorado is a pretty drive. Do it in the
daylight. There are 2 passes that may have delays for chains at Vail and at
the Eisenhower Tunnel just west of Denver.

Pat