Re: Was AP Nationals Turnout - Now Rules Process

To: awhollis@swbell.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Was AP Nationals Turnout - Now Rules Process
From: JDMurphy47@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:04:46 EDT
Andy,
In this electronic age, I believe it is time for the SCCA to start looking at
shortening the time duration for rule changes and feedback.  One idea would
be that when you apply/renew for a membership you also provide your email
address (and notify when you move).  From this resulting database I hope the
numbers would show that a large majority of our members have an email address
- then our BOD can see that it is time to convert from paper to electronic.
>From this comes SCCA electronic lists, chat rooms and on and on.  Those
members without email would be strongly encouraged to get one - new PC's are
less than $600!!!   Good used ones can be had for a pittance. ISP service is
as low as $10/mo.
Other national sanctioning bodies make rule changes on the fly during the
season - why can't the SCCA start to remotely get close to this?  I emphasize
the word "remotely" because I know that the SCCA is different.

I think that the SEB can do something about moving the Miata's to AP for next
year if they decide to.

Jim