Taka Aono/FSP Corolla......

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Taka Aono/FSP Corolla......
From: Arie Villasol <autoxin@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 01:39:18 -0700 (PDT)
Can you please email me? Or if anyone knows his
whereabouts, please pass along my email info. I need
to start building my DSP Corolla! - because it will
eventually get moved up.

But seriously, having driven a local FSP Corolla in a
2000 SF Region event, I was AMAZED at how fast it was.
Amazed because this one was not nearly as developed as
Taka's obviously was this year. And just for
reference, DSP and AS (at the time, now BS) ran pretty
close times and it was nice to compare times against
drivers such as Andy McKee & Derek Butts because they
are pretty consistenly fast. And at this event, me and
the Corolla were able to squeak by Andy by .o3 on raw
time. And if you look at the results of FSP vs. BS at
this year's Nats, it was very close. I know, not very
scientific - I just thought it was interesting. Also
at this same event, I was able to beat a local,
well-prepped VW GTI, with a National level driver, by
about 2 seconds, on a 49 second course.

So basically, this FSP car has always been FAST, but
no one has ever developed one to its max potential and
competed at the National level, until now. And when
you add to it, the element of a very fast driver, as
Taka has proven he is, the shock factor (to everyone
outside of California) is HUGE.

This was his year and he drove an amazing race.
Congrats Taka (and Yoshie too)! And THANK YOU for
saving us with the gear oil pump we needed at the
ninth hour! I owe you one! Please email me when you
have a chance. And maybe we'll see you in DSP someday.

Take care,
Arie Villasol
DSP Capri
http://sbc.yahoo.com