Re: [kcautox] Minor rant

To: "Autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>, "kcautox"
Subject: Re: [kcautox] Minor rant
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:23:17 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Knuckledragger" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
To: "Evolution" <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>; "Autox list"
<autox@autox.team.net>; "kcautox" <kcautox@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 8:10 AM
Subject: [kcautox] Minor rant

> Since I quit smoking nearly a week ago, I seem to be filled with a little,
> umm, tension.

You'll be glad you did. Just ignore the 10-15 pounds you'll add.

I quit cold turkey almost 20 years ago. I was surprised how easy it was --
especially since I had two new cartons of cigs sitting on the shelf, so they
sat for four months before I finally decided I really had quit and threw
them away. It was just one day at a time -- didn't smoke today, lessee if I
can do it tomorrow.

And cigs were a whole 80c a pack then! I look at the prices now and just
laugh at the money I've not spent (or, rather, spent on the car instead).
Once we did a little math on my wife's ex-husband at current cig prices and
figured at his rate of consumption he spent as much on cigs a year as we
spent going racing. Therefore, cigs were not just a habit, they were his
hobby. We enjoy our hobby more.

Rotsa ruck on that ticket. Cops and judges seem to have no comprehension of
a competition driver's thought processes or skill levels, so they consider
our techniques dangerous. (But ossifer, I wasn't tailgating, I was
drafting!). Just say the guy in front slowed down on you. DON'T say the cop
was tailgating you. Then after they find you guilty-as-hell, pay the fine
and move on. If you are really convincing, they won't find the as-hell part,
suspend the fine and leave you with just court costs (usually double the
fine).

--Rocky