Re: Radio Reception, was: Late to grid

To: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radio Reception, was: Late to grid
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:44:16 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>
To: <autox@autox.team.net>; <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 5:10 PM
Subject: Radio Reception, was: Late to grid

> Eh, Rocky, maybe your radio isn't dependable.  :^) Ya gotta let
> the tubes warm up first. :^)  I had reception from both courses
> out on Rte. 75. It dropped out by about Pat's Pig. I had good
> reception all over the site better than prior years. Antenna,
> wire, and other "hardware" can effect signal quality. Also, the
> stations were where they were supposed to be (96.1 & 89.1), did
> yours come out of the race car (Radio By Lucas)?  :^)
>
> Rocky, I hope you don't mind me funnin' about your car. Some
> people became overly sensitive to moderately funny (and true)
> remarks about some cars.
>
> Matt Murray

Bzzt. Irrelevant. The raddio was a 'murrican unit in my Cheby van. I was
pullin' in an NPR station from Wichita (faintly) at 89.1 at this incidence.
Course broadcast should have drowned out that NPR signal easily (and did
earlier in the week).

Yeah, the course announcers were coming in strong earlier in the week when I
got north course just fine sitting in the paddock. But on the moment in
question, they just were not broadcasting. My point being only that they
were not there ALL THE TIME, and therefore the fact of the radio broadcasts
of the courses cannot be cited as a reliable resource to ensure everyone
could be on grid a half-hour ahead of time.

Oh, the Lucas unit ... it got yanked in 1970 when the Spitfire became a
Prep/Prod car. For some reason we never replaced it. Saving the weight of
the squirrel cage to power the generator. (No, Matt, I don't mind. It's the
cross we who love our LBCs must bear! :-)

--Rocky