Re: OT: What is that with wings?

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OT: What is that with wings?
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <pullg@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 08:24:52 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: <NeonACR1@aol.com>

> > 'Tis true, though, that the jet gas-passers at Topeka are KC-135s.
>
> Not quite.....don't they have a few KC-10's there too?  I thought that was
> what was they were loading up just south of the paddock arealast year
after
> we were allowed back into the site.

Must have been transient aircraft.  KC-10s have never been assigned to the
Air Guard; the tanker unit at Forbes -- 190th ARW -- is a Kansas ANG unit.
For the last few years, all KC-10s have been split between Travis AFB in
California and McGuire AFB in New Jersey.  Like most airlifters -- and they
do nearly as much trash-hauling as refueling -- they get around.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr